Wednesday 17 June 2015

Pretty in Pink


Our local school has some lovely raised beds which have been left untouched for quite some time.  To be honest, every time I walked past them to collect little Sweetpea I had to fight the urge to go and weed them.  So , rather than be annoyed by this I decided to take action, after chatting to the teachers I was given the go ahead to do a little make over.  Little Sweetpea, Middle Sweetpea and I dived into two of the raised beds, weeded them and planted them up with things like Cosmos, Sunflowers, Beetroot, Onions, Marigolds, Tomatoes etc.  


Here is a before shot for you, although the poppies looked lovely, it was nice to revert the beds to what they were made for.


This is after an hour or so of work, all planted up. I am hoping that the school keep watering everything after all our hard work.  I have had to remind them a couple of times already but we will have to wait and see.

Anyway, I digress from the original title and photo of this blog post, sorry about that.  I have never been one to keep exactly on track in conversation, I tend to spark off along different paths , but hey, that makes chatting all the more fun.

Whilst eyeing up the veggie patches and wanting to weed them, I noticed a nice large patch of chives in full flower.  Well this reminded me of a lovely photo I saw on Pinterest of some chive flowers that had been popped in distilled white vinegar.  I just HAD to give it ago ..... surely they couldn't turn the vinegar that pink???

So I got picking (with the school's permission of course :-) ).  I filled the jar with chive flowers after checking them all over for bugs etc, then poured in some distilled white vinegar.  Liteally in one day I could see it turning pink, a lovely shade of bright megenta pink!    It looks stunning, so so pretty.  You then need to remove the flowers after roughly 7 days and you are left with a lovely pink, onion tasting vinegar which can be used for salad dressings etc.  I think it needs to be kept is a shady area to keep the colour.  

Wow , isn't nature just wonderful !

27 comments:

  1. I have got to try this for myself! Yes, nature is amazing!
    I love what you did at the school with the raised beds. That was a wonderful thing to do!
    Maybe now when you go pick up little sweetpea, the beds will make you smile!
    sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is really informative for me, thank you so much for sharing with me.
    Web Designing Company in Delhi

    ReplyDelete

  3. Nice information.. Thanks for sharing this blog. see my website also
    .. VIEW MORE:- Website Designing Company in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog, thank you so much for sharing such an amazing blog. Visit Thecorporategift for Corporate Gifts and Diwali Gifts.
    Diwali Gifts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get the best Private Detective Agency in Bhopal at Gribety Detective India. They have experienced investigator and provides the awesome detective services. They become the Top 5 Detective Agency in Bopal.
    Detective Agency in Bhopal

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice blog, thank you so much for sharing with us. Sarswatienterprises is the largest ROPP Caps Making Machine in India.
    ROPP Caps Making Machinery

    ReplyDelete

  8. I have read so many content on the topic of the blogger lovers however this piece of writing is actually a nice paragraph, keep it up.

    whizzherald
    talesbuzz
    Free Movie Streaming Websites
    appvalley vip
    firstrowsports alternative

    ReplyDelete



  9. This are new articles style for you. เล่นบาคาร่าขั้นต่ำ You can find some new idea on this. เล่นบาคาร่าขั้นต่ำ It might help you to write or think some new idea.
    เล่นบาคาร่าขั้นต่ำ Thanks for sharing such a wonderful post.
    เล่นบาคาร่าขั้นต่ำ I am very glad for reading my articles.

    ReplyDelete

  10. This Is Really Useful And Nice Information. เล่นบาคาร่าขั้นต่ำ
    This are such great articles. เล่นบาคาร่าขั้นต่ำ This articles can help you to make some new ideas.
    เล่นบาคาร่าขั้นต่ำ I appreciate for reading my blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending the time leaving a comment, it really does make me smile :-)