Saturday 7 June 2014

Summer in a glass - Elderflower Cordial


Summer is here and that means lots of lovely foraging can take place :-)  With the recent mix of sunshine and rain the Elderflowers have stared bursting out all over the place.


So off I went with my gorgeous wicker basket and three children to collect some of those sunshine filled flowers.


They were then turned into cordial which tastes lovely when combined with sparkling water or Cava.


The flowers are so tiny and perfect .......


It's like drinking Summer in a glass ..... the recipe I used is here; Elderflower Cordial Recipe, I got it from this book. Preserves: River Cottage Handbook No.2   It is full of fantastic recipes, click on the text to be taken to see what other recipes it has in it.

7 comments:

  1. Planning on making some of this myself tomorrow - fab drink, so refreshing! Must remember to leave some flowers behind though so they can become elderberries and I can make elderberry cordial for the winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh Edlerberry cordial, what does that taste like?

      Delete
  2. That looks nice, thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm I love elderflower cordial
    Twiggy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I really am enjoying sipping it through the day :-)

      Delete
  4. Nice idea! I've been seeing loads of these around during our forages. Now I know what to do with them! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending the time leaving a comment, it really does make me smile :-)