I have a few thanks yous in this bloggy post. Firstly thanks to Ryan from Ryan's Garden blog, I was lucky enough to win a £25 voucher for Landsend and also some seeds in a recent competition he ran. Well, I had personally never heard of Landsend before that time so popped onto their website to have a nose. They have some lovely things, not all to my style but I had heard after winning that the quality of their clothes was really good.
I decided to buy the kiddies a couple of items of clothes so I rang them up and ordered a lovely cardigan for little Sweetpea and some new cords for eldest Sweetpea (these came just at the right time as his last pair had just got a hole in them from wearing them so much :-)). The lady on the phone was really lovely and helpful and she told me that as it was my first order I got free delivery - bonus! They arrived within a few days and the quality really is wonderful, just look at how happy little Sweetpea was above :-) Her cardi is a bit too big for her at the moment, it was age 3 - 4 but as little Sweetpea is a very small 3 she has room to grow into it :-).
Another thank you goes to Nellilou from My Life Diet, she recently gave me the Stylish Blogger Award. Pop over to hers for a blog filled with photography, crafts and what she has been up to.
So I think I have to write 7 things about me, hhmm I apologise now if I repeat myself , this sleep deprivation lark certainly isn't good for my memory :-)
1) I went skiing at the age of 10 and got stuck on the T-bar - I nearly went round again up-side-down :-o They had to shut to whole lift down for me to get off and I was left with a lovely bruise in a personal area :-(
2) Again at the age of 10 my Mum had my hair cut really short (and I mean VERY short). She was worried my curls were growing out and I have been fearful of hairdressers ever since. I do go now and again and feel more relaxed about it now after many years.
3) I love hanging my washing out on my line, not sure why but I just love it for some reason.
4) I am a magazine rather than a book reader (unless it is a craft or gardening book). I think I have started so many books where I have got interrupted so many times that I have got frustrated reading books.
5) I tried to dye my hair when I was at secondary school and it went horribly wrong :-) I have never dyed it or had it dyed since. Ironically it was a red colour (and I am a red head).
6) I bought my first house when I was 19, goodness that is scary, I thought I was so grown up but looking back I was only little!
7) I am a Pisces and was born in the year of the Rabbit :-)
Now to pass this on .... if you read my blog you know I love you :-) Take this award and write 7 things about you - as you probably know I am nosey too so would love to read them :-)
And last but not least on the thank you list is Bear's Footprints. Now this lady grows the most enormous parsnips, just take a look below at what she and Mr Bear's Footprint can grow! I have popped a 50p next to it for scale purposes. She gave me a bag of these and carrots which are now cut up and in my freezer for future dinners.
We recently went to our local toddler group together and sat and tried (tried being the operative word) to crochet, it was quite comical people coming up and asking what we were making - we didn't have a clue, mine was a chain and Mrs Bear Footprints was a possible flower. The lovely Kathryn (who does know how to crochet) kindly gave me a new hook and a DVD (thank you Kathryn), lets hope that helps :-) At one point a little 4 year old sat and tried to crochet using my half made chain , I think she did better than me, she seemed rather content just swiveling the hook around in the wool :-)
In fact I am really loving going to this toddler group, I never went to any with the eldest Sweetpeas as they were so close in age so didn't really need it. I get to sit and chat to a lovely group of friends who are also inspired by all things creative whilst Sweetpea just potters about playing.
hhhmm do you think you are drawn to people who love things you do - I have never seeked out artistic/creative people but all my friends seem to have that in them - strange ......